Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cast updates and such

Wow. What a great week! I added myself to Brian Rathbone's Twitter Fantasy List (which includes writers, podcasters, etc) and discovered a whole new group of uh-mazing folks. I started following several of them and got a great shoutout from Mr. Rathbone himself. Thanks to his list, I have two new additions to the cast of The Dreamer's Thread and a lot of stress taken off my mind!

So, big welcomes to both John Mierau and Jennifer Hudock! Both of them seem super excited to get involved and it's always great to have folks on your team that are excited about the project. It makes everything work smoother. Mr. Mierau has taken on not one, but TWO voices, with the possibility of one-line cameos later. Ms. Hudock is the grand Regent of the Mermaids, and I think she'll bring exactly the right amount of dignity to the role. Slighting, yet respectable. What a lovely character combo. Er, the mermaid, not Jennifer. She's very nice. ^^;

On another note, I've finished portioning out the episode sections, and it looks like there will be 21 story episodes. This does not include any extra content or commentary that may be podcasted. That's roughly five months worth of episodes. Wow. Just re-reading that figure puts it in a whole new light. Five months! *faint*

Anyway, after Jennifer and John's parts, I'm still left with some odds and ends that need taken care of. I'm currently on the lookout for two older men to voice a grumpy village elder and a grumpy dead wizard. To top that off, I completely forgot about these flashback scenes I'd written that involve a few other voices. I'll update more on that later this week as I make up the character scripts, but it could be as many as five more voices. Apparently, I really like to make up a lot of male characters as at least three of them are. One is for sure female (who has all of one or two lines), another could be either as it's an adolescent and not quite defined as boy/girl. Either way, it means I can't relax yet because I still have more recruiting to do. *headdesk*

And so I am at this point on this Sunday night, ready to kick off another week that will bring me one step closer to launch. One of my top priorities (aside from recruiting) is begging people to play the promo for TDT on their podcasts so I can generate a little buzz. I think I might even pounce some of my Second Life contacts to see if they can put up posters or plug the podcast in other ways too. The last week of July I will be hitting up comic book stores, libraries, gaming HQs, and book stores in order to plaster flyers anywhere they'll let me. If anyone wants to aid me in this endeavor, head over to the CroWS section of the novel website and snag the 4-ups and posters available for DL there. I have but 2 hands, and my brain sometimes imagines I have more, so if you want to volunteer to be an extra appendage for me, I shall welcome you with open arms...unless I might drop something in which case you'll have to settle for verbal gratitude only. :P

For those you who will be attending any upcoming cons, I highly enourage you to plaster flyers anywhere there is a blank inch of wall. My travel options are a bit limited at the moment, and ComiCon sold out ages ago. (Still pissed about that one let me tell you.) The long and short of it is that I can't be everywhere, but maybe my ads can!

On that note, I think it's time to call it a night. There's more work to be done in the a.m. and no one but me is going to do it. Where's a good house elf when you need one?

X

No comments: